Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 04:35:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189426 Posts in 10975 Topics by 18155 Members
Latest Member: fazijotrj
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Patch Notes
| | |-+  XR 1.3.4 Patch (9-5-2017)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR 1.3.4 Patch (9-5-2017)  (Read 2476 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2017, 11:55:05 pm »

Patchnotes 1.3.4

Major:
  • Recoded Even & Shuffle Teams vote
    • Works with all team numbers (2, 3, & 4) and each using the exact same algo
      • Separated into two votes, callable separately
        • /callvote even
          • Evens the team numbers (not skill) by moving random players from the bigger teams to the smaller teams
          • Comms are included in the count, but will not be moved
          • Requires at least team_count * 3 players (6, 9, 12)
        • /callvote shuffle
          • First does "even", then randomly shuffles players between the teams by swapping randomly chosen players with one another
          • Comms are exempt and team numbers remain the same (evened)
          • No other guidelines, meaning that who and how many are swapped is entirely random
          • Requires at least team_count * 3 players (6, 9, 12)
      • Now exist as three server commands as well (for admin use and server scripts)
        • "eventeams" - same as the even vote, evens team numbers
        • "shuffleteams" - pure player shuffle without evening teams
        • "evenshuffleteams" - same as the shuffle vote, evens teams first before shuffling

Minor:
    • movetospec vote now treated as a punishment/malus vote, meaning that the target no longer needs to "accept" for it to pass
    • sv_allowSwitchVotes 1 by default now, enabling /callvote switchteam <player> <team> (Pulse Server Admin didn't even know the vote existed)
    • !spawnobject now restricts amount via objSet maxDeployment
    • Added <comm> and <comms> as message targets to !notify
    • Renamed sv_allowLockSpec & sv_allowNoComm to sv_allowLockSpecVotes & sv_allowNoCommVotes
    • Manually added Bots (aka Virtual Clients) can be evened/shuffled as well

Formerly, the Even&Shuffle votes were a mess; they were combined and depended on match status for which parts were used and each team count used a different algo. I had even received reports that 4 team evens/shuffles crash the server and had them disabled in 1.3. The code itself was massive and digusting, with no chance of fixing or improving it. It even had pointless checks like sepversion and clan tags. And only existed as votes, with no option for the server admins to use to govern their own servers themselves. The new code is easier to read, easier to understand, and easier to change henceforth if need be.

As always, we appreciate feedback and reports, and everything is up for potential improvements, adjustments, and alternative changes.
    drk
    Community Serveradmin
    XR Coder

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 12:01:17 am »

Why so long? Daily please!  Afro

Brad_Troika

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 10:14:51 am »

sv_allowSwitchVotes 1 by default now, enabling /callvote switchteam <player> <team> (Pulse Server Admin didn't even know the vote existed)

I tried it today and I could only switch myself to T0 no matter what number I used for team.
    Hakugei
    XR Coder
    Legendary Member

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »

sv_allowSwitchVotes 1 by default now, enabling /callvote switchteam <player> <team> (Pulse Server Admin didn't even know the vote existed)

I tried it today and I could only switch myself to T0 no matter what number I used for team.

I tried it locally and on Pulse, it worked for both team1 and team2, even while on a team.
    Did you use the wrong order? Player first, then team.
    Or do you have any other information?
    Trigardon
    Forum Administrator
    Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:10 pm »

I tried it too and it worked perfectly.

Though, I would prefer having the syntax like this: callvote switchteam <ToTeam> <PlayerNum / PlayerName> so it's the same like the referee command.
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:13:37 pm by Trigardon » Logged

Brad_Troika

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »

I tried it on Pulse when I was alone on it.

I also concur with Trig about switching the order of the vars.
    Brad_Troika

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:30:14 am »

I did some further testing, it seems that the space in my name is causing me to go t0 no matter what team I choose (I used "" btw).

Also 2 small bugs. Healers and units being resurrected can enter buildings while the resurrection is in progress. Healer can even move after spawning again (although the resurrected person can't).

If you're the only one on the team and die and then spectate yourself you can switch weapons and enter into first person mode.

Also the bug about load-out (clicking on map and then unable to see changes to load-out) is still in.
    Hakugei
    XR Coder
    Legendary Member

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:59 pm »

I did some further testing, it seems that the space in my name is causing me to go t0 no matter what team I choose (I used "" btw).
    Alright, thank you, I'll take a look at that.
    Might this be a problem with other votes as well then? (Though most accept index instead by now as well.)

Also 2 small bugs. Healers and units being resurrected can enter buildings while the resurrection is in progress. Healer can even move after spawning again (although the resurrected person can't).
    I can fix resurrecting units easily, and I'll think about fixing the healers.

If you're the only one on the team and die and then spectate yourself you can switch weapons and enter into first person mode.
    I can take a look, but I don't think it matters much if you're alone - does it actually cause any issues?

Also the bug about load-out (clicking on map and then unable to see changes to load-out) is still in.
    Unfortunately some potential GUI fixes had to be disabled due to varying results for different players.
    And since I couldn't reproduce any of those alternative issues, I couldn't troubleshoot them.
    I might take another gander at it, but no promises.
    Brad_Troika

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 03:56:16 pm »

I can take a look, but I don't think it matters much if you're alone - does it actually cause any issues?

Yeah, its very minor.
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: