Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2018, 11:17:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189121 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18018 Members
Latest Member: kurago
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Patch Notes
| | |-+  .
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 2514 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:22:47 pm »

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »

I'm not complaining about the demo "bug". I actually like and use it. Also I do not record demos. But what are you hoping to learn from those demos? It's very easy to reproduce. The key is not to move at all once you dropped the demo and nobody will be able to disable it as long as you're alive.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 02:52:21 pm »

It's very important in the context of the surrounding objects because that's what hijacks traces.

drk
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:56:02 pm »

I'm not complaining about the demo "bug". I actually like and use it. Also I do not record demos. But what are you hoping to learn from those demos? It's very easy to reproduce. The key is not to move at all once you dropped the demo and nobody will be able to disable it as long as you're alive.
It's not about it. You are talking about when people hit you instead of the demo until you are alive. They say that sometime to kill the demo you have to hit 4 times on it instead of the 3.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:00:02 pm »

It's not about it. You are talking about when people hit you instead of the demo until you are alive. They say that sometime to kill the demo you have to hit 4 times on it instead of the 3.

In that case the meme at the top is very misleading, everyone thinks its about the standing-on-demo-and-it-dont-get-hit-bug
Never experienced a demo surviving more than 3 hits, so ont surprised those demos are rare  Smiley

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:12:39 pm »

In that case the meme at the top is very misleading, everyone thinks its about the standing-on-demo-and-it-dont-get-hit-bug
Never experienced a demo surviving more than 3 hits, so ont surprised those demos are rare  Smiley

It is about the humans standing on demo (with mag) so that demo can't be killed bug.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:28:23 pm »

It should be easier to reproduce in just a test map with cheats, I have pretty much never had it fail?

- Relatively flat ground
- Take mag and drop demo
- DONT MOVE AT ALL
- Demo survives

Never fails.

If it does fail, it's because you moved. Blocking might matter, but I'm not 100% sure.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:30:57 pm by SavageBeard » Logged
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:53:04 pm »

Demorecord proof attached. Open console and type "demo_settime 400" and see for yourself. Or fast forward to 53:15 with right arrow key.

(A couple of my first tries aren't very good since I didn't even drop the demo directly in front my auto-attacking pred... so ignore the beginning Tongue)

* Nanaa-eden2-02.21.2017-1.rar (158.38 KB - downloaded 54 times.)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 10:20:47 pm »

Demorecord proof attached. Open console and type "demo_settime 400" and see for yourself. Or fast forward to 53:15 with right arrow key.
Thanks! Let's see what can be done...
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:24:01 pm »

Actually you dont even need mag.
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 11:00:57 pm »

Actually you dont even need mag.

That's correct.

Besides demos, sensors and relocators are also invulnerable when human is standing directly on them. However if demo/sensor/reloc is behind human, beast can melee hit through human and damage both simultaneously.

Also noticed that on my private server (made with "devworld eden2" command) it takes 4 melee hits to kill demos with level 7 pred and stalker (and probably scav too). Wasn't it supposed to take 3 melee hits?  My private server version was XR 1.2.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:04:58 pm by Nanaa » Logged
drk
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 07:27:19 am »

Also noticed that on my private server (made with "devworld eden2" command) it takes 4 melee hits to kill demos with level 7 pred and stalker (and probably scav too). Wasn't it supposed to take 3 melee hits?  My private server version was XR 1.2.
What do you mean? If a 'lego' is standing on the item (say demo) and you are doing 4 hits - 3 hits takes lego and then dies and 4th hit kills a demo? Or.... ?

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 03:46:41 pm »

What do you mean? If a 'lego' is standing on the item (say demo) and you are doing 4 hits - 3 hits takes lego and then dies and 4th hit kills a demo? Or.... ?

No, I mean that when noone was standing on a demo, it took always 4 melee hits to kill it with lvl 7 pred and scav. This was when I later set up private server to test more.

What's weird is that on the demorecording I sent, it takes the normal 3 hits from pred. Server was setup exactly the same way so I have no idea what could possibly make the difference.  Huh
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 07:28:34 pm »

To turn it the other way you can also block the demo with a storm shielded unit if you stand exactly on top of it. Just an old trick..

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 02:57:14 am »

Thank you for all the feedback and help, I've pinned down where the demo-sitting issue exactly happens.
The fix for it will be in the 1.3 patch.

This bug has existed even before XR, even before Uttar, and certainly has existed in 2.00e (tested in-game and checked the original source).
But the way S2Games coded it makes it look intentional, so instead of completely removing it, I've added a server cvar to toggle just in case.

I'd kindly ask players to report any strange behavior placed items might be exhibiting after 1.3, as I couldn't find any problem with the fix myself (but I'm paranoid Tongue).
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: