Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 03:28:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188373 Posts in 10857 Topics by 17876 Members
Latest Member: Tymur
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Need help with stuff!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with stuff!  (Read 2473 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2017, 01:33:47 pm »

Amazing: 2-news-posts-in-1!

As you might have heard, we had a data loss cause by 2 hard drive failures in close succession. Totally important to all our lives, also lost, was the php script for the random polls. But fret not, we still got the results and the last poll is relevant to my own contribution to the new Savage XR 1.3 patch.

HOWEVER!

Before adding any of the new stuff like caves, mobile spawn points, mining carts and stuff, we need to take care of the bugs and issues the community submitted. Clemens been slaving like a boss, fixing stuff left and right, literally 20h/day. But there are some things we need help with tracking down and reproducing. Here's a short list. Please help!

• Fix demo not getting traced by melee while lego is standing on it
  • Fix the spawn gui occasionally freezes
  • Fix loadout sometimes not changing?
  • Fix behe swing animation not showing, rarely
  • Improve building-placement delays probably caused by lag, connection errors, and bad ping

We would need detailed and/or precise instructions in order to replicate the conditions needed to reproduce the bugs. And no, not even demo bug happens every time and yes, surrounding objects like buildings, units, props and stuff, do affect the trace.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:26:53 pm by Daemon » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:37:07 pm »

Loadout bug is due the minimap spawning hud. Can be reproduced afaik if you click on the loadout mini map somewhere (Except an actual spawn point) and go back to loadout. GUI should be frozen.

Behe animation should happen if you click LBUTTON too fast. It should start attacking without the previous anim come to an end.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:26:19 pm by Trigardon » Logged

eLeMenT
XR Tester

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »

I would be glad to help replicate the demo bug, I'll demo run as much as possible in the time I play.

I do have one important suggestion that I think has been overlooked. Shuffle and even votes are broken and need to be fixed. Shuffle should randomize players into teams while even votes should place players evenly according to K/D ratio (stats) for balance, those alone would help make the game less stacky and more enjoyable.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:50 pm »

Good point.

Crashday
XR Coder

soundcloud.com/bernhardfritz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 02:22:47 pm »

voice sounds for 3/4 team games seem to be bugged.
e.g.: t1 attacks t2 sublair, t3 gets voice sounds "We are attacking their sublair"
same goes for all other buildings and team combinations

Crashday
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 02:24:59 pm »

• Fix behe swing animation not showing, rarely

i have also seen this bug for legos and preds. funnily ive never encountered it with other units, though.
do not know how to reproduce :S

Crashday
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:36 pm »

ive quite recently encountered a weird bug where i built a shield and the blue line thingie clearly showed that my garrison would be shielded. ultimately it wasnt and my team was cut off from the battlefield due to my buildings blocking their way.

balatkit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 03:25:18 pm »

Loadout bug is due the minimap spawning hud. Can be reproduced afaik if you click on the loadout mini map somewhere (Except an actual spawn point) and go back to loadout. GUI should be frozen.

Behe animation should happen if you click LBUTTON too fast. It should start attacking without the previous anim come to an end.
You are right.
BlastFromThePast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 08:07:12 pm »

Totally important to all our lives, also lost, was the php script for the random polls.

Hello. It is said that nothing on the Internet ever truly gets deleted. I have a 9-year-old copy of the poll code if you want it.

(I can't help with the XR bugs, though.)

*slinks back into the ether*
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »

Totally important to all our lives, also lost, was the php script for the random polls.

Hello. It is said that nothing on the Internet ever truly gets deleted. I have a 9-year-old copy of the poll code if you want it.

(I can't help with the XR bugs, though.)

*slinks back into the ether*

Sure, i'd like to try the obsolete script you recommended. Hold the trojans. Thanks!

Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 04:22:55 pm »

I do have one important suggestion that I think has been overlooked. Shuffle and even votes are broken and need to be fixed. Shuffle should randomize players into teams while even votes should place players evenly according to K/D ratio (stats) for balance, those alone would help make the game less stacky and more enjoyable.

This has been discussed many times, and always concluded with being too hard to compare smurfs with other old accounts. Plus K/D is not what matters for the better player, building dmg, unit dmg and other factors must come into play.
As i see it whenever a team has 2 "superior" players, such as lets say Anti and 2far4u. People are fast on blaming Anti and 2far for stack. But the same team that is blaming is also 50% useless summ that doesnt push and goes for legis, getting goldstarved and loses. To program a perfect shuffle you must include too many factors that the server cant "see".
If there is a big patch coming up(And Clemens Daemon you have my big thumbs up for this), maybe it is time to implement some kind of tierscore, a rankingsystem of some kind.

Either Option 1.
A pointsystem such there was in HoN(MMR/PSR/whatever) where you gain points each time you win a game, and likewise loses points when you lose a game. The quantity of points is decided on how likley one team is to win against the other. After this has been around for some time, people will differ in points such that the amount you can win/lose is less/more. Im bad at writing my thoughts let me give you an example.

If this has system has been in place for 2 months and one team has Anti and 2far(sorry for using you guys) and their points are
Anti 1800
2far 1790

and they play vs a team with Uttar and another noob like Kenway
Uttar 1400
Kenway 20

then the points Anti and 2far will gain if they win is far less than the points when the other team lose, and the same with the opposite outcome.(20/1) (1/20). With this system, each player is motivated to balance in order to have the chance to win more points.

This system motivates the user to stick to one account.
----------------------------------
Option 2
a rank system such as in RL CSGO and all other proper game.
from Silver 1 to Global(maybe we dont need 20 different ranks in this small game). If you can rank/derank from different tiers its easier for the server to get factors that are necassary in a shufflevote. Then they can shuffle and the server compares ranks on either teams and makes a greater shuffle than the shufflefunction that is implementet per date.

This option does not motivate users to stick to one account, but might be easier to implement than the other option.

Im a few beers down but i hope you guys got my point.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: