Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 09:08:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The RC3 Client is out now! Download it now!
178682 Posts in 10174 Topics by 16732 Members
Latest Member: KrazyFruit
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News (Moderator: Django)
| | |-+  Savage Heroes - a new Savage XR mod
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage Heroes - a new Savage XR mod  (Read 42473 times)
Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:56 pm »

Savage Heroes is an official Newerth.com Savage XR game mod, filling the gap between the eras of "Savage: Battle for Newerth" and "Heroes of Newerth", combining the best features of both worlds: DotA-style unique hero abilities in a well known, fully 3D, FPS environment.

The mod has been under continued development since February, benefiting from Savage XR's new features, and in return, improving its gamescript and trigger engine tremendously. Biggeruniverse's recoding and optimizing alongside the new scripting capabilities made possible by SH's new additions will turn Savage XR into a lean, mean modding machine.

Savage Heroes will allow players already familiarized with Savage, HoN, or both, to experience a mix of squad based DotA-like gameplay and true melee combat. A starting line-up of at least 20 heroes will provide unique new abilities and spells, through new models, graphics and effects. An item collection with more than 110 droppable items capable of item merging offers great flexibility when fitting your character, according to its own skill set, hero type (Str/Agi/Int) or preferences. The stunning surroundings of a brand new, though familiar, HoN-style map, with lots of new nature props, brand new NPC's and creeps will make sure Savage Heroes meets the quality standards the players will be demanding from the award-winning Silverback engine.

Savage Heroes will be following the release of Savage XR so stay tuned for the release of the closed test alpha version, running on Savage XR Testing, we'll be sending out invitations.

SH Dev Team:
Hakugei: scripting, coding, balancing
Daemon: 3D modeling, 2D graphics
Aneurysm: map extraordinaire
Mohican (Fr): code front support

Additional help and support: Biggeruniverse (coding and debugging), Mchief (3D modeling - are those exams finished yet, damnit?), Mefix (3D modeling and walking/talking 3ds Max encyclopedia), BEARD! (trailer production), Trigardon (bouncing ideas and additional support), $hacar (textures and being a hardcore fan).

New item iconsSome of the new heroes
Aneurysm's little mapping miracles (the map is still under development)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:22:09 pm by Daemon » Logged

My black list: Mein (hax0r, troll), Slayer (multiclanner), biggeruniverse (XR thief, troll), Robbo (thug and liar), Thrill (junkie)
waldo_badminton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 10:18:24 pm »

Let me just be the first to say - wow.
DieOrFail
Reaper's Best Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:19:01 pm »

This is... awesome!
I was browsing the forums and suddenly this news appeared...
It was like: "WTF??" This looks really really great! The heroes are just awesome, and I don't want to imagine, how much work you put in this "mod"!

I know, you don't know me, but if I can help you with this, maybe as a tester or something in this direction, I would be really pleased Smiley

Anyways, I'm very excited about this, and I can't wait for it!
herO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:20:03 pm »

jumping summoner, mini-behemoth and a dragon! this is going to be fun!  afro

useless fail ref.

̲̖̣ͭ͡ ̜̞̦̘̦͐ͪͬͪ͊ ̵̖̮͍̻̳̫ͨ̑ͯ͛̃͌ͨ̓͢͟ ̴͎̱͓͉͔̲̏̍̈́́͜ ̭̙̪̜̙͂̏ͤ̄ͭͤ̚ ͇͇̥͔͐̿͗̾͝ȉ̍̌̕҉̖͖̟̘͔̰ ̶̤͙̝̤͕̄̃͗ͬ͆m̴̢͈͔̖͇̮͑̃̚å̶̹̬̞̙͕̩̂ͦ̾͘k̜̖̹̟͍̝̭͋͆ͣ͜͢e̡̗̲͓̪̰̹̣ͨ͛̆̚̚ ̷͋̃͗͏̠̲̳ï̵͕ͩͥͫ͆t̤͓̲̤ͤ̉ ̧̪̼̪͗͋̊w̶̛͑͆ͥ҉̮̪o̞͚̗̰̫ͣ͑̾ͩ̀́̂̑ř̨̥̙͈̥͉̦̦̜̤̌̆̚͢s̢͈̹̳͌̌ė͋̐͒ͮ̐̚̚
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:47 pm »

can i delete my 30GB of movie files now?

Hex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »

Well done to you guys!  Excited about this already, keep up all the good work. 

evil

DieOrFail
Reaper's Best Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 10:35:30 pm »

I like the map, it looks way friendlier than the HoN map.  afro
Astro Peasant
Ytsejam
Newerth Referees (EU)

The sun smells too loud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 10:49:39 pm »

Well she turned me into a newt!

Nice work guys, let's hope everyone can play it soon.

leodasvacas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 10:54:38 pm »

you own me new pants
Orikalkose
Yeah, I am horrible at the game.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:44 pm »

So it has the same style DotA but plays like Savage? If so then its will be just as if not more epic then when Savage 1 first came out!
Good job guys.

Angelique
Lead with Honor. v49
Savage Girl

Fierce, violent, and uncontrolled..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »

So it has the same style DotA but plays like Savage? If so then its will be just as if not more epic then when Savage 1 first came out!
Good job guys.

I second this.

And

Release date required  to continue every day life please, thank you.

Rostner
The Grapist

I'm gonna grape you in the mouth!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:29 am »

Release date required  to continue every day life please, thank you.

Looks AWESOME!!!! Would love to test it. I like all the new units and items. Keep up the good work SH team!  afro

Cross
Savage
XR Tester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:41 am »

Sounds bad ass.. but how is it going to play? Will it be like HoN with lanes, pre built buildings only focusing on lanes, killing creeps and yanking etc. or is it just going to be like Savage with pre built units and new items?

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
Nightmare
XR Tester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 03:28:37 am »

Holy shit that looks awesome, what's the word on testing?
shuN
Perverted yet determined
Map Admins

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 03:38:19 am »

Well.. technically when you kill in HoN you get k/d.. but you also get what would be the equivalent of gold/xp depending upon the unit killed. lowering gold per kill for the sake of this would make it just that more valuable..

say.. 1-5 gold per tier 1 unit... 10-15 per ter 2, 20-30 per tier 3, ranking of weapons depends largely on saving gold.. with them being re-usable, and items like medkits being available for both sides, but being similar to potting.. etc etc.

idk.. just rambling i guess. it's very nice though. Smiley

it will be nice to see how closely you modify it to compare to Dota-style play.

You could always do an over-haul on the current XR commander setup.. I see high potential items with the use of BOTS, cross-refering them to the commander CONTROLLING them as if they were CREEPS. This would add a MAJORLY awesome effect in that people would want to command more often.

Also, if the commanders were given red-stone mine per 'tick' so that the commander would HAVE to build tech-buildings as soon as the team gets the necessary stone in order to get an item they request. This would add a strategic element to the game-play in that even though a side may be stacked, they would still need to strategiclly choose which way they go in place of tech/units.

Basically adding the stone/gold per tick effect, would yield players to having to play as a certain unit with a certain builded tech item and save up their gold in order to choose what they want.

Example: One team uses the startable units, what might be considered the Sav XR version of Scav/nomad with the beginning weapons at their disposal.

( Take in to account, that the bots placed at the selected teams disposal has the equivalent attack/defense/hp power as the starting unit does, HOWEVER, they will be given a permanent weapon at their usage. This will account for the fact that

a) These bots are commander controlled, and thus will not have the skill, agility, and comprehension of a REAL player, but the upgraded weapon at the start would give them a fighting chance on level'd ground to go toe to toe with a REAL player.

b) Buffs will be used only on BOTS, as no one likes buffwhores who steal a buff so other players feel they were jipped.. NO reason that players need to yell at a commander for not saving a buff or 'why should such and such player be able to use a buff?' This will give an edge on a BOT or CREEP unit when the REAL player has weapons, items, and skills.

c) Because buffs will always be available for commanders to use, but at the start will only be given a pool of 100, raisable to a max of 300 (entropy on t2 side will be lowered to match chemical, in order to remove the ability to gate as it is un-necessary in this MODs play)

... I will write more if the dev's listen.  huh

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: