#newerth @ irc.newerth.com
Savage XR Maps
|Upload A Map|
|[You have to log in to upload maps!]|
After the map entry was created successfully, you can specify further parameters, e.g. the author and a description. You will then also be able to add the overhead map.
As soon as you "finalize" your map, a mapping admin will check your map and put it up on the servers, if it is alright. If the map shows problems, he will let you know them. As soon as you fixed the issues you can again "finalize" the map and an admin will have another look.
As soon as a map is uploaded to the servers, you won't be able to reupload new versions under the same name to avoid version compatibility problems on the players' clients.
General requirements of maps in order to be permitted:
- a reasonable farclip setting between 2000 and 3600 (depends on the map)
- fog switched on and visible
- (proper) use of occluders
- no exploits - especially check grimms walls in game for this!
- no other bugs in general (e.g. spawn flags you can't spawn from)
- overhead map images are required. they have to be in the jpg image format and 512x512 pixels in size.
Please ALWAYS test all your map's functions, paths, buildable areas, etc yourself! That'll save both you and the map testers a lot of time :-)
After launching Savage, you can use the "Host Game" button on the serverlist screen to test-play your map.